"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hot Flash

Yesterday, I wondered if I was having a hot flash.  And wondering about it probably tells you I have had it pretty easy on this perimenopause thing.  So I asked Husband if I looked flushed and asked him to feel my forehead to see if I appeared to have a temperature. 

He said he didn't need to because I had been INSANE, all day and a hot flash would just make sense.

He's brilliant but, truly, an idiot. 

I suppose I should take solace that he assumes I am sane and sweet unless under the influence of out of control hormones. 

We've been married over ten years.  I am a frickin' saint.  Honestly.

Is it hot in here?  Or just me?

Happy Quilting, Penny, Evelyn and Pearl

6 comments:

Miriam said...

Penny, I hope you breeze through menopause without a single hot flash!

Thearica said...

Butch has worse hot flashes than I do right now. I hope I breeze through menopuase too...I think I have had a few flashes...woke up one night with my arms kind of wet feeling...may have been Butch slobbering on em...couldn't tell... LOL

Seriously though...I see some women in line at Walmart who all of a sudden holler wheew!!! and go to fanning like crazy... I hope I never do that...I would be so embarrassed. I wonder if it is that uncontrollable???

elsie123 said...

I'm right there with you. I went off my low-dose hormones a few weeks ago (been tapering off forever), and find myself asking "is it hot in here" too! Maybe I should have waited till the middle of winter...

Anonymous said...

Think of a hot flash as a power surge, albeit a sweaty one. And yes, Thearica, it is uncontrollable and one has to say that phrase!
Penny, ragweed is out right now; hope for some rain. Carol

Amanda karol said...

oh my gosh...YES it's HOT in here!!

Makes me crazy....

tisme said...

I just want to say OLD LADY NIGHTGOWNS!! Works wonders, and since you are out in the woods, get naked when you have too. lol