"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Amazonette


I just just came back from dropping off Pearl to be spayed. Last week they said she weighed 43 plus pounds but this week they said she weighs 40 pounds, 1 ounce. I suspect this is the more accurate weight because she was squirming, last week. They let me tuck her in with her blanket and chipmunk stuffie, and I left some of her regular food for later. She looked distressed but wasn't freaking out. The surgeon got caught in traffic so I didn't get a chance to talk to her. They sounded like they might take Pearl in, first, but that is not yet decided. She is getting laser surgery and a microchip. I will be waiting by the phone like a deranged lunatic until I hear something. I hope this isn't early onset Alzheimer's.

No comments: