"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Amazonette - Post 6 - 8:30

Pearl is home and is groggy and appears to not feel too well. Very thirsty. We put her in her crate and she is dozing. Won't eat, which is making us wonder what to do because she needs her pain meds and needs them with food.

Evelyn is thrilled that she is home, wagging her tail nonstop, checking on Pearl every couple of minutes. She ate all her dinner, ate the breakfast she ignored this morning, and ate Pearl's dinner. She seems so relieved to have her baby sister home. She was agitated and worried all afternoon. It is hard to know what she can figure out and how much of her agitation is just because things are different. I have a hard time believing that she is worried that Pearl will go away the way Jezebel and Sapphire did but I do think there is some angst present from some source.

Pearl goes back in after 10:00 in the morning and is supposed to have her sutures out in two weeks. Hopefully, she will be feeling more like her old self in short order but keeping her confined is going to be tough. She is supposed to be crated for ten days and I don't have court the rest of the week (which is why I chose this week). Husband should be able to stay home with her next Monday - I have a long trial. I have only a very light morning next Tuesday but am not sure how we'll handle things next Wednesday because both of us are a regular work day. Guess I will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Off to go Breathe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's home where you can watch her. Thank you for updating your blog - I was worried.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. Wish I lived closer as I'd babysit whenever needed.

She'll be back up and bouncing around in no time.

Evelyn was probably reacting to your angst. They can sense so much.

Take care - glad this day is over for you.

MAR