"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Amazonette - Post 3 - 12:15


The vet called at noon to tell me that Pearl did fine and was starting to wake up and lift her head. I am supposed to call between 3 and 4 to see how she is doing and negotiate with the doctors who will be covering this evening as to whether she can come home. In other words, she will be passing the buck on that issue. Since it is going to be handled by phone, anyway, husband may get that job.

I asked the doctor how Pearl had been doing in her crate. She hesitated. Then she said that before the surgery, Pearl had "talked" to every dog that came in. "Do you mean warbling or barking?" I asked.

"BARKING," she said, shortly. "Enthusiastically."

I told her that was the famous Samoyed bark. I'm hoping it will encourage them to let her come home so they can rest their ears and let the other dogs rest.

Evelyn is being astonishingly upbeat. I was afraid she'd get moody and worried but she has been fine.

I am so relieved. I want to cry, big baby that I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all went well with Pearl. Hope she gets to come home and be with her Mom and recover from there. ((hugs))

Elaine in OK

Lady Beekeeper said...

Thanks, Elaine. I hope so, too!