"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Saturday, June 21, 2008

Nothing Sweeter


A few weeks ago, Husband’s best friend, the best friend’s wife and their 14 year old daughter spent the weekend with us. Very nice people. A family member has some health issues they’ve been addressing in the area so the best friend and daughter are spending the weekend with us, again. The daughter brought a samoyed webkin with her and had named it after Evelyn.


The daughter took an interest in my quilting during the last visit and we picked out some fabric to make a small quilt for her. I haven’t had time to get back to it so I’m happy she is back for a quilting lesson. We’ll use “her” fabric and see if we can piece together 2 – 3 simple blocks, today.


It is so nice to have a young person in the house. She has been cuddling with the girls and they are eating it up. I came into the living room last night and she was on the floor with both of them wrapped around her, simply trading life and happiness back and forth. You could almost see the energy swirling gently around them.

I work with so many angry, hurt and confused souls this child’s age. It is a magnificent blessing to me to see one that is healthy and happy. Good for the soul and spirit.


photo - pineapple top on the Gammill

5 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Lovely fabric choices from a lovely girl. I'll be looking forward to the finished product.

It's so easy to get bogged down in the unhealthy. I'm glad for moments like you had to set me back in the right mind-set.

jacquie said...

What fun to pass on your skill to the younger generation! Enjoy your time together.

Cami said...

I hope you have a great time together. I love the first quilt. So beautiful!

Kathy Raker said...

Love the fall colors in the quilt and the fabrics chosen for your friends daughter. It's great teaching a younger generation an art. I have an award for you, just visit my blog.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your dogs--and your quilting--and your blog!