"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dog Day

The girls have never been to the groomer. They have rarely had baths because I am a bad dog mom and nothing sticks to their waxy coats, anyway. The notion of coming up with the fortune it takes to professional groom a Samoyed has kept me from making the jump. My kids will tell you that I am cheap.

Yesterday, however, I finally called and made an appointment for Jezebel for this morning. Husband had given me a gift certificate for Christmas, and the neighbors gave me another one for my birthday. The groomer asked if Jezebel was a good dog and I lied through my teeth insisting that she is a sweetheart. No, she won’t bite but it is going to be a lot like washing a cat. I lost sleep over that, last night.

No sooner had I hung up than I realized the insanity of trying to take Jezebel, alone. She will freak out. I called back and they claimed they could do Evelyn at the same time. Evelyn won't give them any trouble but I figure they will still do a lousy job, take my money, then shake their head at what a bad dog mom I am. Husband has instructed me that the girls are NOT to come back with poodle-like balls of hair at their knees and ankles.

So I am taking the girls in this morning and they have a veterinarian appointment, this afternoon. This is going to be an extremely expensive day after all that plus buying their heart worm medicine and Frontline. Right now, I need to go follow them around the back yard to try to get individual stool samples. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, following the dogs around! That's my husband's job!! Getting a urine sample...now that's fun too!!
Good luck!
-karol