"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Friday, February 22, 2008

Diet Clarification and Colorful Blocks - update - picture added

I should probably clarify for those kind souls who are worried about my health – like my kids after reading my posts – that I probably am not in imminent danger of a heart attack or stroke. I could lose 5 – 10 pounds and eat too much junk, but my eating habits aren’t nearly as horrible as they sound. Well, okay, they are horrible but if I just watched what I ate and exercised, even a little, for a few weeks, I would be in pretty good shape for a middle aged lady. Of course, I may not be calculating metabolic changes that come with age. Ten years ago, I would have dropped two pounds if I gave up chips for a week. I've lost a couple of pounds, this week but I think that is a result of the past three weeks of cutting back. Of course, I gave up the "C" foods a few days ago and the weight loss from that could be what is really going on. If so, the metabolism is up and running as it should! (Back in the day, Husband said I had the matabolism of a humming bird).

I am in the process of finishing the LAST block for the Think Romance F8th swap. The recipient, whose fabric is yellow with pink hearts, plans to use the blocks to make quilts for her grandaughters. She requested bright, wild fabrics, stripes, polka dots and checks. She suggested a black and white background. It has been thoroughly traumatic for me to combine black and white stripes with yellow fabric with hearts, and green fabric with hearts. At the same time, I am really enjoying it. It is not my usual color choices and it is sort of fun to try something that I normally wouldn’t. I may not get it done this weekend because we are heading to Hampton, Virginia, to test drive long arms.
UPDATE - it is done!!



The weather was horrid, today, so it is just as well that I had court and couldn’t go.

We have been looking for property in Oklahoma and Husband is planning to fly out next week to look at what appears to be a nice property in Mustang. It is pricier than we’d intended but it is bigger than we intended, too. It has a pond, barn and nice outbuilding. There is enough room for 6 – 7 horses if we wanted them, but the most we’d get would probably be two, if any. If we buy, we’ll need to find someone to rent it for a few years until we return home. I have thought about moving back, sooner but even if I could leave Husband, neither of us could bear to be parted from the dogs!

No comments: