"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The "C" Diet and Weight Loss Update

Here is an update on the 6:00 diet which I began about three weeks ago. Recall that the 6:00 diet consists of not eating after 6:00. The logic behind the diet is that, in my case, all I eat is junk after 6:00, anyway. I have only slipped three times and in two of those times, I ate less than 200 calories and it was between 6:00 and 7:00. I feel pretty good about it. So how much weight have I lost? Negative 2 pounds. Yup, gained two pounds.

I am not sure exactly how that has happened but am sure it is just temporary. It is wintertime and my body may be clinging to blubber as a survival instinct. Anyway, I read that it takes three weeks for a habit to take hold so I aimed at the 3 weeks before going to the NEXT PHASE OF THE DIET.

((Drum roll))

Phase B of the 6:00 diet is… the “C Diet!!”

What is the “C Diet?" Well, it is obvious. Cheese, chips, candy, chocolate (sob), carrots, cake, cheeseburgers, cheesecake – what do all these things have in common? They start with the letter “C.” The way the “C” diet works is that you don’t eat any “C” items after noon. The 6:00 p.m. diet remains in place. So if I want to pig out on cake and chocolate - or chocolate cake – I have to do it before noon. Which, frankly, is unlikely.

Not so crazy, eh?

I’ll keep you posted on my weight loss.

2 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

I don't think this diet would work for me. See, I'm a stress eater and there are too many rules in this diet and I'd be all like, what was I supposed to not eat? Oh no! I ate it? (intermittent sobs) And then I'd start eating everything in site no matter what letter it started with because I'd be so disappointed in myself.

Too much stress. I can't handle that kind of pressure! :-)

Lady Beekeeper said...

Well, if you eat while sobbing you don't really gain weight because the water loss is so much heavier.