"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Sunday, February 17, 2008

Presidents Day Weekend



Yesterday, I’d planned to work on taxes but a girlfriend invited me to go shopping so I did that, instead. I brought home purple towels and a bath mat and little bitty hand towels embroidered with “Welcome Spring” in pink, yellow and green. I couldn’t wait to put them in the hall bathroom. Husband was as thrilled as you might imagine.

For months, I’ve been happily planning to go to the regional quilt festival to test drive long arms. Hubby agreed to take off work and go with me. Unfortunately, I was just assigned to a case that day that is too important to skip or send a substitute. Bummer. Maybe we can go down that Saturday, instead. The crowds will be ugly, unfortunately.

I have been working on some blocks from the Carol Doak’s Yahoo paper piecing group. She posts Blocks of the Month and other blocks periodically. I have all her books, too. Here are some pictures of some works in progress.










Hope you are enjoying your President Day weekend!

photos - Actually, only the last one is from the Yahoo Group.

2 comments:

Vivian Love said...

These are absolutely beautiful. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Today I tagged you! (perhaps you've already done this one, I'm not sure.)

http://quiltswithlove.blogspot.com/2008/02/7-random-facts-about-me.html

Hazel said...

Your blocks are beautiful and Carol site is the best I haven't been posting on it lately but I do read it .