"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Monday, January 28, 2008

Blocks and Dr. Phil and Stolen Bestsellers


I had a very hectic morning and nothing came easily. I ended up back at home around noon and after eating a Whopper Jr. from the value menu with my husband (who works at home on Monday) I went back to work (at home). While I was gone, husband had seen Evelyn slinking like a weasel down the stairs, clearly up to no good. Upon investigation, he discovered she had absconded with a large hardback bestseller from the bedside table and was heading for the backyard with it. No damage done.

I didn't much come up for air until 3:00 at which point I watched Dr. Phil (the show was about teenagers wearing baggy pants) and worked on a block for the Think Romance swap I'm part of. I may post a picture in a day or two but want to give the block a chance to arrive at her owner's house so she can see it first.

I am contemplating creating a cowboy boot paper pieced cowboy boot wall hanging. I took pictures of some of my husband's vintage cowboy boots and am attempting to convert that to a foundation pattern. I'll post a picture if that starts going anywhere.

All in all, a fairly balanced, if boring, day.

photo - Evelyn as a pup - she is a sneak from way back

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice meeting you in depth, Penny. Well done.