"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Monday, March 30, 2009

Feathers and UTI's


So here is my first attempt at Victorian Feathers on a real project - in progress.


It looks like there are extra lines on it that are a bit tangled but that is where I drew guidelines that evaporate within 24 hours.


It is a rough attempt but I think I'll get better with practice. I think it was kind of gutsy to risk ruining my Mariners Compass! The gold should hide a lot of sins. I want to learn to do this before tackling my kids' wedding quilts.


This is just a little wallhanging.







This is a picture from the back:


Pearl may have a UTI was was pretty sick/uncomfortable last night. We were up until nearly 2:00 with her and Husband is going to take her to the vet, first thing. I have a trial so can't go. I sure am bleary eyed.

I'll blog an update after the vet sees her. She seems to be feeling tons better, this morning. Poor thing was really hurting, last night.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Feathers look great! Poor Pearl! When I saw the title I thought oh, that's too bad, thinking it was you but--Poor Pearl! That's even worse! Hate it when the babies are ill!
Lurking Linda

Nancy said...

I think your feathers look great, too! You're too critical of your own work, just like the rest of us out here... :) Give Pearl a hug for us, poor baby.

Pam said...

Penny,
Beautiful job on your feathers!! I know how you feel, I have 2 quilt tops that I have slaved over, all paper pieced, that I don't feel like I am ready to machine quilt "yet"!
Hope little Pearl is feeling better soon!