"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jezebel Has Finished the Radiation Treatments!


Jezebel had her last radiation treatment, this morning. We arrived at 9:40 and Nurse Claudia took her back. We asked them to look at her right eye because husband thought there felt like there was bump, there. They didn't find the bump and said she really looks good. An hour later, we were on our way home. It took another hour to get home but I found a back way and was able to avoid I95, which would have resulted in about a two hour drive because of road construction.

Here she is, waiting for Nurse Claudia.


Stopped off at Burger King on the way home. A Ford Focus full of four young men were right in front of me in the drive through. They took FOREVER to finish their order and the only thing I could figure was that they each needed separate tickets. I breezed through in seconds (5 whopper juniors and three fries off the value menu). When I came around the corner to pay, the Ford Focus was still at the cash window. I watched as they talked... and talked... and talked... and talked to the person at the window. I put the car in park. I figured by this time they must have decided to change their order. There was a long line behind me snaking around the building. We were going nowhere. I was getting irritated.

We are near the marine base and I reminded myself that these could be young marines that put their lives on the line for all of us. After awhile, that wore off as a calming thought. So I reminded myself that it would be utterly insane to stomp up there and say, "GET A MOVE ON!!!" (especially if they were marines). Time passed. Several minutes later, one of the young men in the front was acting like he was dancing. This went on for two minutes. By this time, I figured they were all on drugs. Finally, they passed out ONE drink (to a kid in the back) and ONE small bag (to the dancer). I did not see money change hands. What the????????

They left. I drove up, resolved to not say a word. The window lady was middle aged and quite "rough" looking. Lacking self discipline, I couldn't keep myself from blurting out - "What was WRONG with that young man dancing in the front seat?" I expected her to commiserate. Instead, she beamed and said, "Oh, that is my son!!! He is such a trip!!"

Grrrrrr. I thanked her, gave her exact change, and took my whoppers home.

As planned, I took most of the afternoon off. Jezebel slept off her stupor and I worked on another patriotic block. I again used the same outside but for the center I used the traditional "card trick" pattern. I miscalculated the size so it is not as well constructed as it should be. Here it is:


And here it is with the others that are the same except for the center:


And here is my girl!


She gets the third vaccine next Wednesday and the final one two weeks later. After that, we'll wait and see. She'll need boosters every six months. Let's see how she does. We sure hope this helps her.

1 comment:

Stephanie D said...

She's looking good!

I love that star with the card trick in it--very clever!

As for the drive-through, I think I would have been calling the manager on that one. That was rude and incosiderate, bad for business, and needs to stop. I feel the same way when I see employees of anywhere talking on their cell phones when they are supposed to be waiting on customers. That should be left for breaks.