"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Sunday, July 20, 2008

China Block


I jumped in and worked on the China Block by Carol Doak this afternoon and unlike the Austrian one, it came together pretty smoothly, notwithstanding that I had to take a break when Evelyn ran into the table leg during a game of tag with her sister. Sigh. That table, which has been sitting there for years, just jumped out and attacked her. "China" is a deceptively simple block that looks more complicated than it is. I was able to use some scraps in my scrap pile and that always makes me happy.

Here is the center and I am shamefully pleased with how well it came together:


The outside edges also lined up well:


Here are both of the blocks I worked on this weekend:


I always try to get pictures of the girls with the blocks but it is never a cake walk. Jezebel is usually pretty cooperative but as I have said before, that Evelyn is a worm.





Good Lord, what is that dog DOING?



There is something wrong with that dog.

3 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Beautiful block - go ahead and be proud of all those center seams lining up so perfectly.

Cheers!
Evelyn

Stephanie D said...

Perfect alignment of your stars!

Evelyn is just so happy you and Jezebel are home with her instead of gallivanting around, that's all.

I think Tandi does weird things sometimes for the sole purpose of hearing me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Go right ahead and be tickled with your blocks!! I certainly am when things work out that well!!

Those girls are so dog-gone beautiful!!

--karol