"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Jersey Star Block


I whipped together this star and it didn't take anytime at all, even though I had to go back and repair a couple of mistakes. Not sure why it went so fast other than that I am getting to the point where practice has taught me to have fewer misteps.

Here is the New Jersey pattern - again, from Carol Doak's Fifty Stars, book:


It was pretty easy to put together.




And here it is on my design wall with the other patriotic star blocks.


Working on these blocks is really soothing.

6 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Penny, Penny, Penny I love your Jersey block ... great job.

Stephanie D said...

Looking good! I haven't reached the point in my skill level where these blocks would be soothing. I'd be bald.

Lady Beekeeper said...

No you wouldn't be bald. Once you get into it, it seems normal. Now, how scary is that????

Kathy Raker said...

Your New Jersey Star paper pieced block is so nice.

Anonymous said...

They are all stunning!

Do you take the paper off the back now...or wait till it's all put together? I am working on PP blocks, and can't decide when to take the paper off.

-karol

Lady Beekeeper said...

I've read to leave the paper on until after sashing or otherwise finishing piecing All the same, I take it off. I square it from the front to I wouldn't trust the seam lines on the paper to keep me straight, anyway. In fact, after I square it, I don't even look at the paper for fear of getting dizzy.