"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Friday, June 13, 2008

Lurking in the Neighborhood

One of my favorite blogging buddies - Bingo Bonnie - just put a signature on her blog. I thought I'd give it a try so this is a test post. I apologize to those people who have me on Google reader and expected something horribly depressing like a child custody description.

Okay, okay. I'll share that I played detective, tonight by sitting in my car, no air conditioning, at 5:00 p.m. to surreptitiously observe a transfer in a visitation dispute. I sat there for nearly an hour in a suit, reading my new Kindle Reader about poor Tim Russert. I am on a diet but I ended up eating an ice cream cone to try to force down my core temperature. The whole thing was pretty anti climatic. Glad it is the weekend.

5 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

hey look a there - it worked! I like your new siggy.

sorry to hear you had to sit in the hot car so long... at least you had an ice cream! yumOh!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

lrmart said...

Cool I like the siggy... How'd you do it?

Sorry you had to sit in the hot car so long...

Lisa

Stephanie D said...

Ooo, a Kindle! I've been looking at those and reading the reviews; thinking about getting DD one for Christmas. Do you like yours?

Lady Beekeeper said...

There is a website (can't remember the name but google "signature for blogs" and you should find it) that allows you to either write on the screen with a mouse, choose from a signature wizard or scan your own signature. It gives you a code (just like a lot of the other wigits) that you can copy. Go to the settings part of your dashboard and figure out how to get to the posting format. Paste it there so it always comes up. I'm not that great with directions ...

Yes - and I love the Kindle!!

jacquie said...

A signature, how fancy! I missed so much while I was gone. The stars are amazing, I went from post to post and looked at each one. The dog pictures are just precious. It's wonderful to have a lovely pup sitting at your feet admiring you while you work! Great posts...a fun (long) read!!!