"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Highest Form of Flattery - Part 2


I went back to the starburst block that wasn’t cooperating after a bit of head scratching and taking a shower (how many people besides me get inspiration while in the shower?). I realized that the easiest way to move forward on the block was to take off the red triangles, replace them with a background triangle and call it good. Once That was done, it was pretty simple to construct the block. I was pretty happy with how it turned out:


It was a good exercise in constructing a pattern and I think I got it pretty close to my inspiration:



Here it is with all the other Patriotic blocks, to date!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Patriotic blocks! Great job.
Blessings, Joyce (1946)

Stephanie D said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning!

Arlette said...

Your fur babies are just beautiful. I enjoyed reading about their trip to the groomers. I can tell that they bring great joy to you and your husband.
Your quilt blocks are absolutely fabulous too.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Aloha!