"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Have the World's Best Husband


Just before noon, husband "had" to go to the post office. He returned home a few minutes later with a bouquet of lilies and a big grin. "Those kids are beating my time!" he said. Lilies are our wedding flower and it was sweet of him to order some for Mother's Day.

In the meantime, while he was gone and for awhile thereafter, I was working on another Patriotic block - this time, New Mexico by Carol Doak out of her Fifty Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars Book.

The whole time I was on it I had convinced myself I was making it too small and would clip the points when I squared it. Not sure why I'd convinced myself of that but there you go. I added in some length as I worked on it, just in case, and it turned out fine with room to spare. I'm very happy with it.

Here it is with all the other ones AND my lilies!


Oh, and I put the kids' bouquet on the front table so it is the first thing you see when you come in the door.


We have reservations at our favorite restaurant in an hour - better go get ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the flowers are beautiful! I really enjoyed the different views...more interesting that way!

Teri

jacquie said...

Looks like you had a great day. The blocks are amazing...you are my paper piecing idol!