"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back from Oklahoma



Just got back from the trip to Oklahoma. Nothing I can say will adequately express how pleased I am with the new home. I didn't find one thing "wrong" with it that wasn't simply a repair that we knew about, already. Moreover, the more I looked at the neighborhood, the more happy I was about it. By telephone, I asked husband what he would do if I refused to come back. He said he'd throw the girls in the van and start driving west...

I saw the pony. Poor, boney thing. I understand he is going to go back to the renters so hopefully, he'll be taken care of. For now, he is staying with a neighbor.

On Sunday, I looked up to see a large road runner standing in the driveway, worm in his mouth, looking at me as if to say, "Howdy." It was as big as a turkey. At night, I heard the coyotes howling. It was sort of surreal but I liked it. The house was so substantial that even in the midst of a ferocious windstorm, you could hear a pin drop, inside.

I didn't want to leave.

Here are a few pictures.



3 comments:

Kathy Raker said...

Congratulations on the new home! I can read you are very excited. Hope all goes well moving.

I just got tagged by Judy of Stitch Along With Me and am passing "it" on to you if you feel so inclined.
Hope you have a good day!

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic place to live! I am excited for you!
-karol

jacquie said...

I can read the happiness in your words! Cool barn!!!