"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Sunday, November 27, 2011

We Can See!

Pearl looks to be well on her way to a full recovery from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and is back to her sweet, affectionate, peanut catching self.  I am also making progress although am still on prednisone, have ballooned up and can't wear my contacts, yet.  But with my glasses, I can see pretty well.

Because I couldn't drive, I left the trail cam on out at our property and didn't check on it until a couple of days ago.  It was left unattended for a couple of weeks and there were over 600 photos on it when I retrieved it.  I didn't get any good shots of bobcats (although I saw some in the shadows), but I must have found an area where the deer go through because there were lots of photos of them.   I also caught many photos of foxes, coyotes, an armadillo, a squirrel, rabbits, an owl, tons of raccoons, and possum (one night, one wandered back and forth in front of the camera for hours - that was a couple hundred photos, right there). 




 Isn't she a sweet thing?  She kept trying to figure out the camera.

An armadillo is at the bottom of the following photo.  He wandered around and tried to dig a hole right in front of the camera but it was too blurry to be of much use in sharing:

 This stinker came by a few times, day and night:
My kids all came for Thanksgiving and were here a few days, which thrilled me beyond my ability to express.  Charlie is getting so big and he is SUCH a good little boy. 
 He was a sight for sore eyes.
I hope all of my blogger friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Happy Quilting, Penny, Evelyn and Pearl

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you both can see once again, this must have just been brutal on all of you! Heal well.

Teri

Carol S said...

So pleased to hear you both are doing better! Charlie looks so sweet in that cowboy hat (for a New Yorker!!).

Stephanie D said...

Hurray! Glad you're both getting better! Some pretty neat pics on the wildlife camera.

Charlie is a little doll! Love that photo with the light glowing on his face!

Sheri said...

You haven't posted for awhile. I hope everything is OK. Love the pictures of the skunk and armadillo.

Lady Beekeeper said...

Sheri, thanks for checking on me. I am still struggling with my vision but it is getting better, I think the real problem is not having much to write about - probably should get a job!

Anonymous said...

Like Sheri I was starting to wonder! I hope your recovery continues well.

Teri