"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Saturday, January 17, 2009

Amish Nine Patch Quilt Top Done


Evelyn and I finished up the Amish Nine Patch Quilt Top!


She always wants to jump on top of the bed when I lay out quilts to take pictures.



This will probably be the last time the quilt is that black. After today, it will be furry and white. It is a lap quilt and I expect it will look like a bear rug come shedding season.


I need to finish Jezebel's Quilt before quilting this one.


Evelyn has been in a great mood, today.


It was three degrees this morning and I was freezing. I made a batch of potato soup to warm me up. Here are your garden variety pictures of soup making:






Off to have a glass of red wine!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I love your Amish quilt! The small pink border adds so much to the quilt! I love the double wedding ring quilt on your bed too. I have one all cut out, just need to actually start it :o)

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the quilts. In the one picture Evelyn looks like she's praying. Maybe she's asking for baby Pearl to hurry up and come home.

Paula