"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Monday, October 13, 2008

Jezebel is Feeling Better


Happy Columbus Day and Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbors to the north!

Nice, mellow day. I put together some patterns for a number of templates to use for my Gammill Premier Plus and trotted down to the local glass company. I have been told they will do such things super cheap. Hmm. Well, not in my case. It was QUITE pricey and I probably should have declined and just ordered commercial ones online. But I didn't. Hopefully, I will have some nice, quarter inch Plexiglas templates by the end of the week. I am having them make a large right triangle, a heart, a diamond, a hexagon, a star, three circles of different sizes, and this weird thing that looks like a Dresden plate.

We also dropped in on the local sushi bar. I had my usual nonraw sushi and husband had some traditional Chinese food. It was excellent.

Jezebel is feeling MUCH better. The biggest problem we've had with her is that she is too rambunctious. I won't say she is 100%, but she is definitely feeling better and no longer particularly favoring her leg. If I didn't know she'd hurt it, I wouldn't suspect anything was wrong. She is still being a little tentative on the stairs but I suspect she just likes to be carried.

I finished attaching the border to the Surf and Sand quilt. Here is a picture of the back of the inner border - I ended up being able to use the striped fabric that goes with this line. Washable gluestick figured, prominently. Now that I look at it, I kind of wish I'd put a very narrow dark inner border, first, to bookshelf the striped fabric.


I decided to add on a darker blue border to frame the blocks. I mitered the border and it turned out pretty well.




There is a LOT of empty spaces on this quilt and I will be challenged to try to make the most of it (and not muck it up).


I still need to get the paper off the back and then it will go up on the frame.

Evelyn has been my primary helper, today.




1 comment:

Stephanie D said...

I'm glad you had enough of the striped fabric--it looks just perfect there! What are you going to do with this one? It looks like a real keeper to me.

Ruffle the girls' ears from their NC fan.