"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Saturday, October 4, 2008

Autumn Day


Look at this pretty girl!

Seriously, every morning for the past week, the first thing I do when I wake up is look at her so see how much her hair has grown.

We keep the dogs in the bedroom with us, door shut, at night. This is because Ms. Evelyn had a tendency to wander around and chew things up when she was a pup. As long as she thinks someone will see her, she leaves things alone. That girl is a sneak. She is three and it has been a long time since she has done anything destructive (although she did do some counter surfing earlier this week). We decided to trust her by leaving the bedroom door open last night.

This morning, I found my beloved cowgirl slippers chewed up under my sewing machine. My son and daughter-in-law gave them to me for Christmas a couple of years ago.




Husband immediately offered to replace them so I picked there out:


If he can't get those, he says he'll get these:


They even have toe bugs!

I didn't accomplish much, today and am not sure where the day went. We ate Italian and went to the grocery store, home depot and the pet store for expensive dog food. Husband mowed the backyard and I fiddled with my quilt making software. It has some functions with which I was unfamiliar so I played around with them. Not sure how useful it will be but I always enjoy messing with it.

I piddled around rotary cutting a quilt block for no good reason and didn't get too far. I used TaDa Triangles to make some half square triangles, mainly because I had some. If you aren't familiar with TaDa Triangles, they are a light stabilizing fabric marked with stitching and cutting lines for half square triangles. You iron them on and don't have to remove them.


I have one of those cheap boxes of wine in the refrigerator. It sprung a leak and made a mess, today. Husband poured the remaining wine in a couple of huge glasses and kept bringing them to me, insisting that they not go to waste. That is probably why I didn't get much accomplished, today.

He drank beer.

The fall weather has been wonderful, lately. We sat out of the deck and admired the trees. They are starting to get some color and will be on the ground in six weeks. My mother always used to visit at Thanksgiving and, invariably, would arrive 2 - 3 days after the leaves abruptly fell off the trees.

While I was working on my quilt block, the girls commenced to singing.

Here you go!








Jezebel is such a happy girl. She always used to jump into bed with me to cuddle but hasn't done it much since she started the radiation treatment. The past few days she has gone back to doing that and I am not sure if it is because it is a little cooler or her nose is less tender.




What a sweetie, she is.



2 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Ahhh, my favorite duet! *s*
Do all Samoyeds sing? Love that last photo of Jezebel, with her head cocked.

Poor Evelyn--the temptation was just too great. Guess they're hers now. I can't decide which of the new pair of slippers I like best--purple is my favorite color, but those others are beautiful, too.

jacquie said...

ah such is life with dogs. we do love them even with the chewed up shoes. we had one lab that ate our deck. (a significant chunk). where do you find those fab slippers?