"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Saturday, August 2, 2008

What I Did When I Should Have Been Napping


Some dear lady blogger is posting a BOM series on her site and I decided to play along. Unfortunately, because I am none too bright, I just could not make heads or tails of the directions. I printed out instructions. I combed over the illustration. I tried to designate what was fabric 4, what was piece A. I was having a heck of a time getting it straight. Several people had used her pattern and posted pictures on her blog so I know it is not the pattern - it must be me. Finally, I gave up.

Instead, I used my EQ5 to make my own design, inspired by the BOM. Originally, I planned to just straight piece it but upon further study, I decided I could design a paper piece pattern, which is what I ended up doing. I am so addicted.

Here is the design, still on the computer screen.


I decided to use some of my Mikoto Collection by Kona for fabric. Here are a few of my pieces but I have a number of other colorways.


Here is a picture of Evelyn, just to keep the girls on the blog (Jezebel is having a great day, BTW). Evelyn is praying this turns out okay.


Oh yes, she is quite spiritual. In fact, she may be a holy fool.

Here it is - it only took about an hour, once I settled down and gave up trying to read the BOM pattern.



I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

5 comments:

jacquie said...

that is pretty fabric...is it still available? glad the pups are frisky and feeling fine. have a great rest of the weekend.

Redneck Diva said...

Penny, I don't get over to read every day, but I have caught up this morning and let me just say that yay, I'm glad the puppy is doing better and also let me say that I SO enjoy your writing style. I love reading your posts even though I have no clue what all that quilting talk is about, lol. But I like the way you write and that's what matters, right?

Have great week!

JessicaSews said...

Really pretty fabric.
That's a nice block.
BTW...I love the long shadows across your block photos....it adds to the "quilty" atmosphere!

bingo~bonnie said...

Penny, your BOM look fabulous! If you hadn't told, I would have never been able to tell that you had problems...

Your fabric choices are my favorite ;) Can't wait to see all the blocks in the project. Is judy posting more than 1 a month?? I forget.

I didn't dare participate... #1 I still have her HAD Leaf Seasons unfinished from back in 2007 and #2 her 1/16" measurements scared me off!!! :P

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Stephanie D said...

Love the fabric! I can't believe you find paper piecing easy enough to design your own. Not my forte at all.