"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Working at Home


I had a relatively slow paced day. A meeting scheduled for 9:00 was called off so I didn't have to go. After that, they decided to go ahead and have the meeting so they called me and I participated by telephone from home. Excellent. That meant I could contribute, get paid, not have to get gussied up and not waste gas money to get there. Plus, I could go on to another task immediately after the meeting instead of having to commute from the meeting place back to the office. And I got to be with my girls!


I worked most of the day but things slowed down late this afternoon and I decided to make another patriotic block using the same BOM pattern as I did a few days ago. I auditioned the following fabric for the center:


Nope, that is not what I wanted. I ended up going with this:


I think the blue against the white really pops. I think it is interesting how different it looks from another block using the same pattern but different color values.


Here's my quilting buddy!!!


Here is my other quilting buddy!


I thought some of you would like to look a little closer at Jezebel's nose. (not all of you, I understand that). Here she is:


Her muzzle is getting positively fuzzy. If you look closely, you can see a little discoloration above her right nostril - that is where they are hitting hardest with the radiation.


Jezebel had a really good day but I woke her up in her lair (i.e., the bathtub) to take a picture and I don't think she really appreciated it.


Here is the latest patriotic block with her sisters:


I am grateful for days like this when I can work at home.

1 comment:

jacquie said...

I need to know about the sleeping in the bathtub. Did that start when she was little? Glad you had a chance to work from home. I'm really loving all of your patriotic blocks...i'm not much of a red, white, and blue girl...but these are so crisp and happy...really liking it!