"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Sunday, June 1, 2008

Husband Has a Girlfriend


Lazy day. We attended the third birthday party of the little girl next door. She called to ask Husband to come and he just melted. The little darling thinks Husband is her “boyfriend.” She also wanted him to know that she wearing big-girl panties. Very exciting times, to be sure.

After ice cream and cake, I dashed off a quick block for my Patriotic quilt. I used one of my favorite patterns, again from the Carol Doak’s Fabulous Stars book. I did the “Montana” block.

Here is what it is supposed to look like, along with the fabric I picked out:


Here are several blocks I’ve done in the past using this pattern.




Here it is in quarters.


Here is one of my helpers (Evelyn). Check out those back feet!


Here it is in halves.


Here it is before it is squared.


Here is the final block.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Yummy! Love it, love it, love it!

And you have to watch those younger women in big girl panties!