"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Friday, May 9, 2008

Here comes the weekend - just in time


Came home, crashed, had a glass of wine and made another patriotic quilt block. I am SO GLAD THE WEEKEND IS HERE!

So here is some fabric I planned to use (some came from Fabric Depot).


When I first started, I glanced at the clock and it was 8:02. Here is a little later in the progress.



Here is a picture of creasing the seams so I will be able to cut the seam allowance.


Here is a picture measure to know where to cut to get the seam allowance.


About this time, the girls showed up to help me piece the block. Sorta.


Here is a picture of the halves.


Here is a picture before it is squared.




Here is the finished block.



I don’t know the name of this block pattern. For some reason I had an un-named pattern in my folder that I thought could use up some scraps.

Here are all the blocks for this project made, to date.



For those of you who don't quilt, the seams you see on the light part of the blocks will disappear when you add the backing and the batting.

Quilting Therapy...I feel MUCH better!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful block Penny. As I read your previous post, I was wondering how you do your job without becoming suicidally depressed. Now I understand how important the girls and your quilting are for you.

Lady Beekeeper said...

Oh, the job can be a downer, FERSURE!! Oh well. If I were cruising the blogs, I would avoid mine like the plague because it can be so grim.

Nancy said...

Actually I look forward to your blog. I really love your pp blocks, but I find your court tales fascinating. I admire you and the others involved in the legal process that can help these children, God knows they need it. I regret that our society doesn't see the value of assisting these children more before they are lost, though I admit to having no concrete ideas of how to go about that, beyond education for children and parents. Thank you for all that you do for them.