"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Thursday, April 10, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Today was really slow. I didn’t have court and although the phone rang quite a bit this morning, it has remained silent since about 11:00. That may mean poverty is around the corner, but I might as well make good use of my time. I cleaned house a bit, then settled in to work on another block for the patriotic nonswap I’ve mentioned before.

I decided to make a “Sweden” block from my Carol Doak’s Mariner’s Compass book.

Then, I went shopping in my stash (I love CD holders to hold fabric).



I cut out the fabric, in advance, then stitched it in assembly line fashion so it went quickly.







I think it turned out pretty well.


Since I used fabric from the same line (The Hamptons by Moda) on the earlier blocks, they match pretty well.


I have been watching with horror the airport debacle and all those stranded passengers. I keep thinking they need to airlift food or something. Last year I was caught in the Dallas airport for nearly three days and that was awful. I keep thinking that SOMEONE is missing their child’s wedding, the last days of a sick loved one, a honeymoon, or a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. I feel so darn sorry for those people. I rarely waste much energy being angry at big companies but this is just ridiculous and totally avoidable. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Done with the taxes, wired the money for the Oklahoma house. Tomorrow is husband’s 50th birthday and I’ve wrapped his presents and signed his cards (including the one from the dogs). I haven’t felt so caught up on things in 5 years. BIG SIGH … feels good!

2 comments:

jacquie said...

I know what you mean about the AA debacle. My hubby was traveling...lots of angry, stressed out people and essentially nothing they could do. To happier things, this is a beautiful set of blocks. I love how complex they are. (That makes them difficult I'm sure!)

Anonymous said...

the blocks are beautiful.
i'm playing catch up with taxes and quilts. taking a week off was good, but threw me for a bit of a loop.
i'll be glad to get caught up.

Teri