"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Too Big to Bounce Baby Girl

Today was the big day.


I cleared out the sewing room and put on a pot of coffee.










Devin, the Gammill dealer, arrived at about 10:00 a.m. and commenced to assembling the long arm.


It is traditional to name your long arm, I've been told.

My Great Grandmother, the seamstress, used to get so exasperated that everyone wanted "Mama" that she used to joke, "I wish my name was PETE!" In her honor, I have decided to name my Premier Plus "Pete."

HERE SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I trained for several hours and played for several more. I am now off to rest my feet and have a glass of wine in celebration. Cheers!

photos - sewing room, Gammill in progress, Evelyn kissing Jezebel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Pete, welcome home, it's nice to see you where you belong. You look right at home there...

Penny, congratulations, here's me sipping with you!

Teri

Lady Beekeeper said...

Thanks, Teri. I appreciate the company!

SandyQuilts said...

Yahooo "Pete" had a safe delivery.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Yay! Congrats to you and Pete!

tirane93 said...

congratulations! you're gonna love it!