"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Monday, February 25, 2008

Unrelenting Misery

Difficult work day because of two painful custody matters I’m involved in. Some of these families are in so much pain that you can’t help but shed a bit of emotional blood in sympathy. I feel a bit wiped out. In both these cases, a guardian has been separated from a child he/she dearly loves. Relations are so difficult between the parties that seeing that child is probably going to be a fist fight for the next 10 – 17 years. I wish more young people considered the consequences before jumping into relationships. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread is so common with the young. They don’t understand when you try to tell them. It is probably just as well. If the young actually knew what they were getting into, they’d be afraid to do half the things they will probably have to do.

Husband thinks he is in trouble because I am quiet but the truth is, I am just … weary.

But the good news is that I had a few minutes to work on another patriotic star block although I didn’t finish it. I also spoke to the Gammill people about when my new baby is due (also sent them some money). They are going for an April arrival which is great. I can call her my fiftieth birthday present! I guess she is a change-of-life baby? I’ve been staring at my sewing room trying to figure out how to reconfigure to make room for the new little bundle of joy. It is going to be a major overhaul, I’m afraid. I also arranged to get a designated credit card; set up a file for Penny Quilts in Quick Books; put together a file box; and ordered two books from Amazon on long arm quilting. If I decide to make a sideline of it, I’m on my way.

The fax machine is buzzing even though it is after 8:00 p.m. What do you want to bet that someone is filing another motion to have the other parent declared Satan?

I guess I’ll go read it because, otherwise, I will lie awake all night worrying about it.

No comments: