"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Thursday, February 28, 2008

Make Room for the Long Arm



Now that I know my long arm is going to be here March 18th (did I mention March 18??!) I have been thinking about how I will find room for her. We have a very nice, large bonus room over the garage that I use for a combination office, sewing room and extra bedroom. It started out being mainly office but over the past few years, the office has been backed into a wee corner. It is a perfect reflection of my shifting priorities.

I commenced to moving things around in there and it looks like a bomb went off. Husband was still out of town but I wouldn’t have asked him to help move things, anyway. He hates clutter and this might have caused a seizure

.

I think I have thrown out my back and I can’t find ANYTHING. Legal papers are buried under quilt tops and all my tax stuff is jammed in with office supplies… and on and on. I had a lawyer call today and I could not, for the life of me, find a particular file even though I’d seen it not 30 minutes before. I am sure she thought I was completely disorganized (she didn’t know the half of it) so I told her I had to get to court and we’d talk, later. I found the file a couple of hours later, stuck in with the thread, greeting cards, dog pedigrees and copy paper. I also found a cute little sundial that one of my daughters gave me for Mother’s Day one year. I plan to spend most of tomorrow afternoon getting all that squared away. I can’t do any quilting in that mess, anyway.

I feel pretty proud that in all the moving, I returned about half as much space to my office area. Being jammed in the corner was driving me crazy.

The room will look great when it is done. It is going to kill me to have 15 X 9 square feet of perfectly empty space sitting in the center of the room waiting for the long arm, but there you go. It will be easier to move things BEFORE she gets here than to try to do it once she arrives.

I don’t like to ask Husband to do stuff (he does too much as it is) but I am going to beg him to hang some florescent lights, pronto. It is dark as a cave in the area where I moved my sewing machine and cutting table. It should have bats and mushroom sprouting.

Husband is home and the girls are ecstatic. As expected, Evelyn has dropped me like a bad habit. Sometimes she reminds me of my old boyfriend. Flighty little faithless, lightweight, weaselly, good-for-nothing, self centered, lying, sniveling – oh wait - Back to Evelyn.

She sure is a daddy’s girl.

Photos - the first two are before I went nuts in the sewing room.

1 comment:

Redneck Diva said...

Sooo.....are you for hire? Because I have an office that is in desperate need of an overhaul! :-)