"On the plains of Oklahoma, with a windshield sunset in your eyes like a watercolor painted sky, you'd think heavens doors have opened."
Fly Over States



Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Impromptu Quilt Block Show



Thought I'd post a few blocks made and received in my current Think Romance Fat 8th block swap. The first few are blocks I've received. You can see the focus fabric I used. I think they are coming together really well. I am not posting all of them but only because some are on the hard drive of a different computer than I am using to post this. Some of the ones not posted are exceptional.





















Here are a few I've sent out. You can see they are pretty diverse - that is because for each one, I began with a different fabric and tried to match with material from my stash. Sometimes the ladies have specific requests on colors and so forth, but most just ask that we don't get wacky on them. Since you have a limited amount of fabric to work with, it gets tricky at times to pick a pattern where you have enough fabric. You sort of have to be selective about the colors to make sure you have enough to finish a block.









Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, there is a lot of tallent displayed in this post. Thank you for sharing.